About Us

The Greeneville Water & Light Commission, d.b.a. The Greeneville Water Commission(GWC), was officially Chartered on June 13, 1911 , and the first 3 Water Commissioners were elected to Office.

The GWC currently provides water and sewer services to approximately 10,000 customers, as well as providing water to 4 Utility Districts; Glen Hills, Old Knox, Chuckey and Cross Anchor, and to the Mosheim Water Department.

The Greeneville Water Commission's goal is the same today as it was when the Water Commission was Chartered in 1911, and that is -- to provide water of the highest quality to our customers at the lowest possible cost.